The practice of Rolfing® came into my awareness in 2007 because many years of mountain bike riding and racing left my body a bit tattered and dealing with chronic pain. That started my search in trying every conventional and alternative form of treatment and healing with no resolution. I went through the Rolfing 10-series hoping to relieve some physical discomfort but came away with so much more. I realized that after each session I walked with a sense of “lift” I had never experienced before and continuously yearn to feel in my everyday life. Not only has that chronic pain evaporated but I have a new found sense of resiliency in my body that allows me to continue my passion for mountain biking with appreciation and zest. My Rolfing process was so profound, and because I have always had an interest in whole health body awareness, it inspired me to make a career change from Graphic Design.
I am proudly a Certified Rolfer™, Board Certified Structural Integrator(CM) and a graduate of the Rolf Institute of Structural Integration in Boulder, Colorado. When I’m not Rolfing or cycling, I’m usually spending time with my husband hiking, stand-up paddling, cross-country skiing, playing pond hockey, working out or trying anything that challenges me and gets me moving. I wholeheartedly believe in the benefits of Rolfing as a path to optimal wellness and I look forward to sharing this gift with you.
~ In health, Anna Timmons
Classes and Affiliations
- Source Point Therapy – 2011
- Board Certified Structural Integrator – 2014
- Neural Mobilization – 2014
- Explain Pain Conference- 2015
- International Fascia Research Congress – 2015
- Reconciling Biomechanics with Pain Science – 2016
- CranioSacral Therapy – 2016
- Board Member for the International Association of Structural Integrators – 2013-present
- Assistant Instructor at the Rolf Institute® of Structural Integration – 2012, 2014, 2015